Sunday, February 19, 2006

Skiing




Scott and I had a pretty eventful weekend. On Saturday, we went to the international center here in town and watched a cultural talent show. Fellow JETs along with other various people in the Hiroshima area shared their talents. There was singing, Chinese martial arts, dancing, etc. It was really interesting and we got to see some of the talents other JETs have.
Our big event of the weekend came on Sunday. Bright and early Sunday morning we headed to Geihoku (a city in the northern part of Hiroshima) to go skiing along with other JETs. It was about a 3 hour trip there. When we got there we rented skis and skiing clothes. Then we hit the slopes. There were a few beginners and a few really good skiers. This was only my second time skiing, so I was a bit nervous at first. Scott stayed with me and my friend Melanie the first few hours and taught us a few things. Then I just fell a few times, got over some of my worries, and went for it. By my third time I had really picked it up, so I was proud of myself. The hardest part was avoiding all the people who just sit down in the middle of the slopes. Some were even sitting talking on their cell phones! Later, Scott and I split up and he went with the more expert skiers. By the end of the day I was going down the easy hills without falling! Yeah! Scott got to go off some jumps and down some big hills. He only fell one time and he said it didn't hurt too much, it just sent a lot of snow down his pants, and even into his coat pockets! We left Geihoku at 4:30 that day. It was tiring, but we had a great time!

2 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look like you're going for the gold Scott! We'll have to get you on the 120M hill next time. Glad you guys are having fun.
Love,
Uncle Bill

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was surfing the net loking for some ski flying and I came upon your site and I was impressed by the quality of content you have. Keep up the awesome job. I will be bookmarking you right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home