Sunday, February 05, 2006

First February Weekend


I know we have not written much lately, but there really hasn't been much going on in our lives. However, we did have a nice weekend, so I wanted to be prompt about writing.
Friday night Scott played basketball again, which he hasn't been able to do for awhile. He said he had a good time and he stays out of the paint now to avoid getting unmercifully fouled. I took that night to go to the gym I have a membership to and workout. I am also happy to say that I found a jazz dance class close to our apartment and will be taking class every Tuesday starting tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it!
Saturday night we were able to go to an izakaya with 4 teachers from Scott's school and our American friend Mercedez. Only one of the teachers could speak both English and Japanese, so she did a lot of translating, but we had a lot of fun. The food was delicious and it was a great Japanese atmosphere.
Sunday we had planned on going to a food festival near our city, but when we got there we found out that it was all seafood. Which is fine for me, but not for Scott. So we got back on the train and went to Diamond City mall. We ate a great Italian buffet and saw the movie "Flight Plan". It was pretty good.
Now we are in the bad part of Japanese winter. It never really snows here in Kure, but recently we have gotten some flurries and today we are having a terrible snow/rain mixture. Overall, it is just cold and wet here. So we are planning on staying inside a lot!

1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your winter is as mild as ours has been. I've enjoyed keeping up with you. I received your "save the date" magnet in the mail. It was fun to visit the website. Happy planning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home