Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Typhoon!!



Hello all! We are in the middle of a typhoon right now. It is very windy and rainy. Our first day teaching was suppose to be today, but school was canceled. Let me rephrase that - school was canceled for the STUDENTS. Scott and I still had to go in. Scott was let out at noon due to the trains stopping. I was let out at normal time and was informed at the bus stop that the buses were not running either, so I walked home. Grrr. My vice principle is very strict and expects the teachers to be at school if it is humanly possible. I'm sure he will expect me to swim to school if the streets are flooded tomorrow. It is kind of frustrating, but I am very lucky that all the other teachers are very nice and can empathize.
The typhoon has produced winds up to 90 miles per hour, but southern Japan got hit worse than us. We are also safer because we do not live on the coast. Please don't worry. The typhoon will pass over us tonight and should be gone by tomorrow night. So our posts about teaching will be delayed a little. We look forward to telling you more later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home