Monday, August 01, 2005

The supermarket adventure

Scott and I went to the supermarket to do our first serious grocery shopping. It started off good because I found a package of fresh cocktail shrimp for a little over a dollar! Then things started to look a little less familiar... I think Scott spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out what bottle contained sesame seed oil. We found a huge bottle and then used it to figure out the smaller bottle. It was a very long process. That night we cooked rice and shrimp (chicken for Scott) However the directions to use the rice cooker were in Japanese and so we had to guess how to make it. Unfortunately our rice turned out a little bit on the crunchy side. Oops.
Last night I was able to go out to a buffet dinner with the other English teachers in my school. They all try very hard to speak English to me. Even with the little they know, they all have a great sense of humor! One of the teachers is the girls basketball coach and she invited me to play with the girls at some of the summer practices. Another teacher invited me to a concert this September. Everyone works very hard to include me in their group, which makes this transition much easier.
Today Scott and I went with his supervisor to set up a bank account and get cell phones. Scott of course has been glued to his phone since the minute they put it in his hands! haha.
In case some of you were wondering...we have been taking some pictures, however we left the USB cable for my camera at home in Deerfield. I will put pictures on here as soon as I get the cable and upload the pictures on my computer. What would a major move be without forgetting something important?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home